Currently somewhere just a bit after panic and sleep deprivation but just a bit before full, outright epiphany
I love this description of the design process because that’s exactly how it is for me. (Via Kottke)
- Talk to everybody I possibly can about the problem.
- Read everything that would even be remotely related to what I’m doing. Hang charts, graphs, diagrams, and screenshots all over my office.
- Observe user research; recall past research.
- Stew in it all, panic as deadline approaches, stop sleeping, stop eating.
- Be struck with an epiphany. Instantly see the solution. Curse my tools for being too slow as I frantically get it all down in a document.
- Sleep for three days.
Jeffrey Veen, Blinking Out Design